Privacy and Security Notice
1. This is a World Wide Web site for official information about Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Unit based at the University of Pennsylvania with cross town agreements at Drexel and Temple Universities. It is provided as a public service by Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Unit, Philadelphia. The purpose is to provide information and news about the Navy ROTC program to the general public.
2. All information on this site is public domain and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and, from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming. This data is scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
Please note that we will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide such information to us. If you choose to send an email to the site webmaster or submit an online feedback form, any contact information that you provide will be solely used to respond to your request or used for official NROTC purposes only.
Freedom of Information Act
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 United States Code 552, allows you to obtain information from various agencies of the federal government, including the Department of the Navy. The Freedom of Information Act is implemented by the Navy in Secretary of the Navy Instruction 5720.42F, “Department of the Navy Freedom of Information Act Program” (SECNAVINST 5720.42F).